6-Stage Design Process
Every construction project follows the same 6 Stages.
Please see a summary below of the process and what you can expect from us at each stage.
More information about the RIBA Stages can be found here (https://www.architecture.com/knowledge-and-resources/resources-landing-page/riba-plan-of-work)
RIBA Stage 1 - Preparation and Brief
- Feasibility Meeting:
- Discuss Project Objectives, Design Ideas and Costs.
- Provide Strategic Advice and Relevant Contacts.
- Review Surveys and Prepare Existing Site Drawings.
- Complete Feasibility Study and Planning Consultation if required.
RIBA Stage 2 - Concept Design
- Complete Site Analysis exploring Opportunities and Constraints.
- Prepare concept Design Options and Precedent.
- Define Big Ideas of project and approach to Sustainability.
- Interactive Design Development with Client.
- Submit Outline Planning Application if required.
RIBA Stage 3 - Spatial Coordination
- Specifications, Coordination & Review of Building Regulations.
- Preparation of Drawings, Documents and Planning Application.
- Present to Client, update as required and submit.
- A3 prints for Client with access to 3D BIM Model Viewer
- Provide Visualisations and optional 3D Printed Model.
RIBA Stage 4 - Technical Design
- Consultant Contacts & Design Team Meetings.
- Architectural Design, Coordination and Specifications for Tender.
- Presentations to Client and Updates as required.
- Contractor Contacts and Recommendations.
- Support and Advice through Tender Process.
RIBA Stage 5 - Manufacturing and Construction
- Update Technical Design to Building Control Approval.
- Pre-start Meeting with Contractor.
- Regular Meetings on Site.
- Responding to Design Queries.
- Additional Details and Coordination.
RIBA Stage 6 - Handover
- Assist with preparation of Building Manual.
- Prepare and issue As-Built Drawings.
- Attend Project Performance Session with Project Team.
- Take Photos of Completed Project.
- Client to provide Feedback & Testimonial.
Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to discuss in more detail.
We would be happy to discuss your project and provide a quote for Architectural Services.
You can use our Fee Calculator as a budget and we can provide a detailed quote when you are ready.