Buju Architects are a RIBA Chartered Practice based in Greater Manchester.
The team at Buju Architects are looking to find contacts and form partnerships in South East Asia; to share knowledge and experience across the sector.
As well as a love for South-East Asia, Andy Wilde RIBA (Director at Buju Architects) has a special interest in designing for Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).
Having designed a school for children with ASC and written the design guidelines for the National Autistic Society, Andy is keen to develop contacts and explore opportunities.
‘Good design can make an incredible difference in people’s lives; from the layout and orientation of a building to the finishing touches. When you design for ASC you consider all the senses, designing to reduce anxiety and improve security.’
- A spectrum condition which affects people in different ways, some people with autism are able to live relatively independent lives but others need a lifetime of specialist support.
- A developmental disability which affects how a person communicates with people and the world around them.
- A mental condition which can create great difficulty in using language and abstract concepts. Asperger syndrome is a form of autism, people with Asperger syndrome are often of average or above-average intelligence; they have fewer problems with speech but may still have difficulties with understanding and processing language.
People with autism often experience:
- Over-sensitivity to sounds, touch, tastes, smells, light or colours.
- High levels of anxiety resulting from rigidity of thought and sensory differences which if not managed appropriately can result in behaviour that can be challenging.
If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on: 0044 161 474 6860