Terms & Conditions
Architectural services include:
- Design programmes, architectural design & project coordination
- Client and design team meetings
- Email communications & digital drawings
Unless specifically itemised, these and other specialist services/ costs which may be required for the project are excluded from this proposal. Additional costs may include:
- Surveys (measured building/ topographical/ building condition/ asbestos)
- Principal Designer
- Health & Safety Advisor.
- Planning Consultants
- Party Wall Surveyors (Buju Architects cannot be held responsible in the event of a dispute under The Party Wall Act as a result of the works)
- Project Management
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Building Services (M&E) Engineers
- Lighting Designer
- CGIs/ Visualisations
- Cost Consultant (QS)
- Contract Administration
- Sustainability (BREEAM/ SAP calculations)
- Specialist (fire/ acoustic/ security/ facade/ specification/ BIM)
- Planning Permission/ Lawful Development Certificate (PD)/ discharging planning conditions.
- Contributions including section 106 or community infrastructure levy obligations.
- Building Control (Local Authority/ Approved Inspector)
- Section 81 - Demolition notice
- Payments to statutory services (Utilities etc.)
Please provide the following information (if available):
- Measured building survey
- Topographical survey
- Building condition survey
- Asbestos survey
- Land ownership details (legal boundaries, easements etc.)
- Details of site services (gas, electricity, drainage, etc.)
- Health & Safety File/ Information (Hazards relating to the site and existing structures, including; asbestos, overhead cables, buried services, etc.)
Please provide details if another architect has been working on the project; including confirmation that all work has been properly terminated and any licences are obtained.
CDM 2015 (Health & Safety)
Duties of a domestic client are automatically transferred to the Contractor or the Principal Contractor where there are two or more Contractors.
Where a project is notifiable, the Client is responsible for the issue of the F10 notification form to the HSE, however others may do this on their behalf. (Notifiable construction work includes projects with construction work over 30 days and over 20 workers simultaneously, or construction work involving 500 person days.) The requirements of CDM 2015 apply whether or not the project is notifiable. Where there is (or is likely to be) more than one Contractor involved in the project the Client must appoint in writing as soon as possible and before work begins: A Designer with control over the pre-construction phase as Principal Designer and a Contractor as Principal Contractor. If the Client fails to appoint a Principal Designer or Principal Contractor, the Client must fulfil those roles and duties.
Stage payments to be made before work is resourced.
All fees are exclusive of legal and contract costs. Reasonable travelling costs and disbursements are included.
Change Control Procedure: Design changes, further options and variations after RIBA Stage 2 will incur additional design costs, to be agreed with the Client on email prior to any additional work being carried out. Additional professional work will incur an incremental fee at our standard chargeable rates. Rates may include referral fees as part of marketing budgets.
Payment is to be made within 14 days of the date of the issue of an Invoice. If any monies are overdue for payment, we reserve the right to withdraw our continued service and shall be entitled to refrain from continuing to do work. This applies to the matter to which the invoice relates and for any other matter which we may be working on. We shall also be entitled to retain any working documents and files until such time as all sums outstanding have been paid. We will exercise our statutory right to claim interest (at 8% over the Bank of England base rate) together with compensation for debt recovery costs under the Late Payment Legislation if payment is not received according to our agreed credit terms.
You have the right to cancel within 14 days of accepting a quote. During this period no project work will be carried out unless specifically instructed by the Client, in which case the Client is liable to pay reasonable costs should the project be cancelled. This architectural appointment extends from when this quote is accepted until the project work has been completed. This appointment can be terminated at any time of the project with one month’s notice, where reasonable costs will be recovered.
If you have a complaint please let us know, we are constantly looking to improve our service. Our complaints policy is available on request. Buju Architects are bound by the Codes of both the RIBA and the ARB. Copies of the Codes can be obtained from the websites of the relevant organisations.
The conditions of our appointment are to be in accordance with the latest relevant RIBA appointment documents:
- RIBA Standard Professional Services Contract (Commercial)
- RIBA Domestic Professional Services Contract
- RIBA Principal Designer Professional Services Contract 2018
Limitations of Liability
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in our Appointment, the liability of Buju Architects shall not exceed in aggregate a multiple of ten times the total of the fees payable to Buju Architects. Where Buju Architects obtains specialised services/ consultation for a project, Buju Architects shall not be liable for these services. Nothing in our Appointment confers or purports to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce a term of our Appointment.
Buju Architects may need to take photos during construction and at completion and display site sign-boards. We may post updates and case studies of your project for marketing purposes on our website and on social media. Please let us know if you would not like this to be carried out.