Designing indoor spaces with an outdoor feel
Buju Architects attended Specifi Landscape Manchester.
The event included an entertaining presentation by international speaker Dusty Gedge on Urban Green Infrastructure.
Ideas from the presentation included:
- Using vegetation and green walls to cool buildings.
- Building bin stores with wild meadow roofs and habitat walls.
- Introducing stewardship into building and urban design.
- Vertical rain walls to reduce the flow of surface water into sewers.
- Green verges and green streets in Portland which protect the local salmon by filtering surface water runoff.
- Green traffic calming using sunken meadow verges.
- Solar green roofs, where the green roof keeps the solar panels cooler and more efficient.
- Designing cities for nature and the countryside for people.
In addition to the inspiring lecture there were some impressive products on display, including: